SHOP    •    PINK RIBBON    •    About Us

March 30, 2012

Movie Flashback ~ The Holiday






This white charming kitchen reminds me of the movie, The Holiday. I like to call this the shabby chic version of the "Rose Hill" Cottage.  As you all remember the set designer, Beth Rubino, had also brought the same design aesthetic in the movie sets of Something’s Gotta Give and It’s Complicated…Don’t you think it is time for another Nancy Meyers film?  

It has been almost seven years now the movie The Holiday first captured everyone’s heart, cottage lovers, I must say. The "Rose Hill" cottage is filled with warmth and romantic vibe that makes you wanna cuddle-up, and yes, I can imagine the aroma of  a fresh baked pie.  To this date I still dream about the charming cottage nestled in the rolling hills of the English countryside. 



“Rose Hill” Cottage


Guess what’s on my To Do list this weekend… I should start hunting for the DVD.
  For now, let’s revisit the movie set… 







So what’s on your To Do list this weekend? 
 Cozy up and have a wonderful & relaxing weekend!


besos,
maryann

2 comments:

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Was the inside really a movie set or was it the actual cottage. Somehow it does not seem to fit. Not at all what I would have imagined inside. I have not seen that movie. I assume that you loved it, I will have to check on netflix. Who was in it. I have a feeling that was why I didn't see it, I tend to not enjoy certain actors/actress but I really cant remember now. I will give it a try though just seeing the cottage makes me want to see it.
Janice

Mary Ann said...

Hello Janice,

Oh, the magic of Hollywood! Pretty much what I have seen posted with the movie photos refers it as a "movie set", it may very well be in the actual location of the cottage. Same thing I know of the movie, Something's Gotta Give, this was filmed in the actual location. This movie stars Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Jack Black….it is a chick flick, love story and comedy. Like you, I go for actors I like, and most of all, a nice setting that will leave me dreaming when I go home. Yap, this is one of those cottages that you will love for sure! The photos went viral few years back. I recommend this movie, and be sure to let me know what you think about it. Enjoy!

maryann